Concurrent Enrollment in Multiple Agencies Guidelines
DSM-5, Gambling Treatment
Online Counseling Guidelines
Peer-Delivered Services for Problem Gamblers Policy Statement
Internet Gaming Treatment
Can we treat people with internet gaming addiction?
- ORS 413.522 states that all moneys in the Problem Gambling Treatment Fun are to be expended for programs for the prevention and treatment of gambling addiction and other emotional and behavioral problems related to gambling and for the administration of the programs.
- Clients can be seen for internet gaming addiction if internet use problems are related to gambling.
- Use code “23 – Gaming Disorder other than gambling” on Block 7: DSM Diagnostic Impressions on the Gambling Client Enrollment Record Abstracting form. Code can be used as the primary or secondary diagnostic impression as long as codes 20 (pathological gambling), 21 (problem gambling), or 22 (for family) were also used.
- No variances for internet gaming addiction will be approved.
- In the meantime, AMH leadership has asked that we collect data to determine need and options of changing language within ORS 413.522 or develop policy option package for funding during future legislative sessions.
Problem Gambling Treatment Fund
(1) There is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, the Problem Gambling Treatment Fund. All moneys in the Problem Gambling Treatment Fund are continuously appropriated to the Oregon Health Authority to be expended for programs for the prevention and treatment of gambling addiction and other emotional and behavioral problems related to gambling and for the administration of the programs.
(2) The Problem Gambling Treatment Fund shall consist of:
(a) The net proceeds from the Oregon State Lottery allocated to the fund under ORS 461.549 (Use of video lottery proceeds for treatment of gambling-related behavioral problems);
(b) Moneys appropriated to the fund by the Legislative Assembly; and
(c) Interest earnings on moneys in the fund. [Formerly 409.435]